Where are you located?
Betty Bakery is located in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn at 448 Atlantic Avenue between Bond Street and Nevins Street.
What are your hours?
We are open Tuesday-Saturday from 9:00 am – 7:00 pm; and Sunday from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. We are closed on Mondays.
What are your payment methods?
We accept cash and all major credit cards.
What kinds of baked goods do you sell?
Lots of red velvet cakes and cupcakes, chocolate Valrhona cake, strawberry shortcake, cookies, fruit tarts, pies and so much more! We specialize in custom cakes and cookies for all your events.
Are you hiring?
We’re always looking for smiling faces to help our customers. Please stop by the bakery to fill out an application, and bring your résumé. (You must have a social security number to apply.)
What kind of ingredients do you use?
We do our best to order local ingredients whenever possible, such as using apples from upstate New York. We use high-quality natural ingredients and everything in the bakery is made from scratch.
What is your allergy information?
We are not a nut-free bakery; all of our baked goods are prepared on premise.
Our coconut cake, carrot cake, lemon bars, and chocolate-coconut cupcakes all contain coconut.
Do you have anything that is wheat-free?
Our New York cheesecake is wheat-free and available in slices and whole in-store. Our marzipan figurines are also wheat-free.
Do you have any vegan cakes?
Our eggless chocolate cake is free of animal products and is available by request.
Are any of your products sugar-free?
Are you certified kosher?
Do you deliver?
Yes. Delivery surcharges are based on proximity and day of the week, typically ranging from $75 to $150. We deliver anywhere in the tri-state area. Weekend delivery to Manhattan is $150. Deliveries must be pre-arranged; no same-day delivery.
How far in advance should I place my order?
Please place your orders 1-2 weeks in advance for a simple cake.
Due to the high volume of requests for our cakes, we must have a minimum of 2 weeks notice for any custom order.
At least 3-4 weeks is preferable, especially during our busy wedding seasons (May–June, September–October). For weddings, you should plan to order your cake at least 3 months in advance. As a general rule, you can never order too early! For holiday-specific items, refer to our seasonal menu for the order deadline.
But what if I need a cake tomorrow?
If you need a cake sooner, we have a limited number of cakes up to 8” in stock. Please call and place an order over the phone to guarantee next day or same-day availability. We will always try to accommodate late orders when possible.
Can I put something on hold?
Yes, with advance payment.
I’m getting married/throwing a big party. Can I come in for a cake consultation?
Absolutely, for parties of ~60 attendees or more. We schedule consultations Wednesday–Saturday between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm. Please call 718.237.2271 to make an appointment.
How should I store my cake?
Cakes iced in fondant or with fondant decorations should NOT be refrigerated! The fondant will melt.
Cakes iced in buttercream or ganache do not need refrigeration if they are to be served the same day; otherwise, refrigerate and then serve at room temperature.
Cakes with cream cheese icing (such as the Red Velvet or Valrhona Chocolate) and the Strawberry Shortcake must be refrigerated.
What is the minimum order for custom cupcakes?
Custom cupcakes include anything that differs from our standard flavor combinations, colors, and decorations. We ask that you order two dozen or more. Minis are a minimum of three dozen.
I would like a cake with a picture on it. Can you do that?
Yes. With at least one week advance notice, please send us the image in the highest resolution possible to our e-mail. Picture plaques typically cost $75 and up, depending on images and size.
My child is having a birthday at the New York Transit Museum. What kind of specialty cake can I order for the party?
We offer an adorable cake with an MTA subway or bus complete with 3D passengers ($250 for a 12”, $195 for a 10”). As an alternative, you may order cupcakes with subway line decals ($4.50 each, minimum order of 12).
Will you mail some cookies to me?
At this time we do not ship our products.
I have a restaurant or coffee shop of my own. Do you offer wholesale?
Yes! Please contact Ellen or Cheryl at 718.237.2271 for wholesale pricing and information.
1. The initial 50% deposit reserves the date of your event and is non-refundable.
2. The final date for any changes of size, flavors, or design is 2 weeks prior to the event. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
3. Once the cake is delivered to the location and set up on an appropriately stable table or base in a cool, dry room (or refrigerator, if indicated), we are not responsible for any damages that may incur. If you decide to pick up and set up the cake or any other Betty Bakery product, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake or product once it leaves Betty Bakery’s possession. You are responsible for providing appropriate and secure transportation.
4. Delivery and setup fees are $95-195 within the five-borough area. Fees outside of NYC are based on location. Delivery must be booked in advance. We do not have same day delivery available. There will be hourly charges of $75 if we have to wait at a location.
5. Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
Have a different question? Then don’t hesitate to call, email, or visit us!